Fleetwood Mac has announced their upcoming world tour and the shocking news that guitarist/vocalist Lindsey Buckingham will not be touring with them.
Lindsey Buckingham is suing Fleetwood Mac for kicking him off the band’s new tour.
In the suit, the Hollywood Reporter says the guitarist and songwriter is seeking his share of the tour because he says he still wants and is able to perform.
The suit names bandmates Mick Fleetwood, Stevie Nicks, Christine McVie and John McVie.
Buckingham claims he was told five days after the group appeared at Radio City Music Hall in January that the band would tour without him. He says he would have been paid at least $12 million for his share of the tour proceeds.
The acclaimed band, which has hired attorney Dan Petrocelli to handle the lawsuit, responded to the legal complaint with a statement from band publicist Kristen Foster to The Hollywood Reporter: “Fleetwood Mac strongly disputes the allegations presented in Mr. Buckingham’s complaint and looks forward to their day in court.”
Buckingham, 68, joined the group in 1974 with then-girlfriend Stevie Nicks, and has been its frequent frontman and sometime songwriter for most of the years since. He wrote and sang hits such as Go Your Own Way and Tusk.
He previously left the band from 1987 to 1996, and was inducted with them into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1998.
The more than 50-city tour began Oct. 3, with Mike Campbell and Neil Finn replacing Buckingham.
Meanwhile, Buckingham is touring as a solo act, playing in Los Angeles Friday.
Contributing: Patrick Ryan and Andrea Mandell
Read or Share this story: https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/music/2018/10/12/lindsey-buckingham-sues-fleetwood-mac-for-kicking-him-out/38133495/